What Are Embassy Services And How Can One Use Them?
An embassy is very similar to a consulate with a small amount of difference between the two services. Both these structures are representative departments of a foreign country or government that is located within another country. In this article we give you information about the embassy and the related embassy services that individuals can avail when travelling in a foreign country.
Role of the Embassy
The embassy plays an important role that represents the home country abroad. This institute handles diplomatic issues that include the preservation and protection of the right of the citizens when abroad. The ambassador is an individual who has the highest authority and acts as a chief diplomat and spokesperson for the home government. These ambassadors normally reside in the embassy. Normally, a singular embassy is located in countries abroad as compared to consulates, which are many in a single country. The embassy can have a separate wing that can perform the functions of a consular service and even provide the Outsourcing of consular services to certain private institutes; however a consulate cannot perform the services or function as an embassy.
Embassy services that are provided and not provided
This institute has a set of public and private services.
The private services include:
• Hosts the travelling of dignitaries
• Deals with international political and business relations
• Houses the national ambassador
The public services that are available to travelers include:
• Replacement of lost or missing documents that is needed for traveling.
• Provision of advice and support in certain situations that involve accident, holding as hostage, criminal activity, serious illness or death of its citizen
• Contacting the next of kin when needed and organizing the visitation and travel.
• Coordinating with the local law officers where the citizen is involved in abduction or missing.
• Providing aid to distressed travelers.
• Providing aid during the time of civil war or unrest or any unpredicted natural disaster.
• Overlooking the overseas payment of social welfare benefits
• Recording and registering the birth of citizens abroad
The institute also provides an outsourcing of consular services mentioned above to private institutes abroad. However, there are certain services that are not offered apart from the above mentioned Embassy Services. These include the storage of luggage or valuables of citizens travelling abroad, provision of service that is inclusive of postal services, banking or travelling, any form of financial aid, provision of translation and interpretation services, provision of legal service, advice or any advocacy, supplication of services that includes special treatment, bail, intervention to provide early discharge from jail or protection against any criminal investigation, or provision of any employment opportunities or services.
To avail of these services, one can easily walk to the nearest embassy or consulate. Due to the outsourcing of consular services to private institutes, travelers can now approach these centers for help too. Approach any one of the consuls and provide a detail explanation of the distress or problem one is undergoing and they will provide a solution to your problem.